Developer’s Notes: After carefully considering the constructive feedback we’ve received over the weekend, we’ve made some revisions to this week’s tuning. The class changes listed in this hotfix update, as well as those from the previous update will be applied during weekly maintenance in each region. Note that several changes from the previous update have been altered or removed, which is indicated by a
strikethrough in the notes below.
- Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 150% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
- Throw Glaive damage reduced by 30%.
- Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30%.
- Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 100% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
- Fury of the Illidari (Artifact Ability) damage reduced by 20%.
- Note: See below for for additional PvP tuning adjustments to Fury of the Illidari.
- Balanced Blades (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Blade Dance reduced to 3% per target.
- Quickening (Talent)’s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.
- Mind Sear damage increased by 80% and Insanity generation increased by 50%.
- Mind Sear damage and Insanity generation increased by 50%.
- Mind Flay damage increased by 20%.
- Mind Spike damage increased by 28%.
- Void Ray maximum stacks reduced to 4.
- Developers’ Notes: Given the damage increase to Mind Sear, Mind Flay, and Mind Spike, this still results in an overall increase to the value of the talent.
- Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion is active.
- Developers’ Notes: We would prefer that Surrender to Madness not be as dominant as it is, and that it can’t be extended for quite so long. However, addressing this further would require significant changes to the spec beyond what we want to do in a tuning pass at this time. We will look for an opportunity to take a more comprehensive look at this issue in a future patch.
- Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active.
- Note: These abilities prevent Insanity drain from increasing while active, which effectively reduces the Insanity drain for the entire remainder the current Voidform. This was proving to be too powerful, so we’re now making sure that the damage bonus and Insanity drain from Voidform remain in sync.
- The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
- Note: We want it to be rewarding when you’re able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.
- Queen Ascendant (Artifact trait) is no longer consumed when a queued healing spell is immediately triggered.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Rain of Fire from always doing all 8 ticks of damage on PvE and PvP targets.
- Tactician proc rate increased by 15%.
- Hamstring no longer procs Tactician.
- Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 4% per point.
- Suramar NPCs should no longer remove a player’s stealth at the start of their Arcane Investigation casting.
- Interacting with Nomi should now take priority when his area is crowded.
- Engineering: The Reaves version of the Failure Detection Pylon should now work properly.
- Strike from the Shadows is now a snare, instead of a daze.